The 7 Major Chakras
The Chakras are the vital energy centres that exist within the human aura. They help absorb energy and vitality from the sun and the earth, transform it and pass it into the physical body.
The flow of this energy in our bodies affects our physical, emotional, mental and spiritual functions and wellbeing. In daily life, our Chakras, can often become overworked,
imbalanced or even blocked causing a lack of vitality and ill health. Crystals can be used to activate, energise and rebalance our chakra centres.
Chakra balancing is essential to enable the energy centres of the Chakras to work together in harmony allowing their combined energies to lead the individual upwards
towards their highest awareness.
The word "Chakra" means a wheel in Sanskrit and these vital energy centres may be seen as wheels or vortices of force.
If you are not feeling well, or suffering from chronic illnesses, it could indicate a blocked chakra.
THE SEVEN MAJOR CHAKRAS
|Chakra||Associated with||Colours||Gemstones||Crown||Area of spiritual opening, centre of spirituality and enlightenment. Wisdom, cosmic consciousness. Connection with the divine (goddess/god/universe)||Violet||Rock Quartz, Amethyst, Topaz, Sapphire||Third Eye||Psychic ability, intuition, higher self, channelling, guidance. |
The eyes, face, brain, lymphatic and endocrine system
|Indigo||Amethyst, Sodalite, Lapis Lazuli, Sapphire||Thyroid||Communication, expression of creativity, speech, writing, change, transformation and healing.
The thyroid gland, throat, neck, teeth and ears.
|Blue||Sodalite, Lapis Lazuli, Turquoise, Aquamarine.||Heart||Love, compassion, sprituality. Ability to love oneself and others, give and receive love. |
The heart, lungs, circulatory system, shoulders, and upper back.
|Green, pink||Green Aventurine, Green Quartz,Rose Quartz, Emerald, Green Jade, Kunzite||Solar Plexus||The ego, personal power, passions, impulses, anger, strength. The centre for astral travel, psychic development, receptivity of spirit guides,
The pancreas, stomach, liver, gall bladder and small intestine.
|Yellow||Citrine, Yellow Calcite, Amber, Topaz||Sacral||Emotions, self-worth, confidence, creativity, sexual energy. |
The adrenal glands
|Orange||Carnelian, Orange Calcite, Tiger's Eye, Moonstone, Tourmaline||Base (Root)||Basic needs for survival, security, safety. Centre of manifestation, material possessions, business. Grounding.
The reproductive organs
|Red, black, brown.||Red Jasper, Haematite, Garnet, Ruby, Smoky Quartz, Obsidian, Black Tourmaline.|
There are several methods to balance your ChakrasAlways make sure you will not be disturbed. Leave the phone off the hook, switch off your mobile phone (cellphone) or put it on aeroplane mode so that you are not interrupted. Choose a quiet place for your meditation.
Optional: Burn a little Chakra Balancing Hand Blended Incense prior to either method.
Use Chakra Balancing OilGently apply 2-3 drops of Chakra Balancing Oil to each Chakra with your fingertips.
Please Note: For the Base Chakra, apply the oil to the soles of your feet or your lower back just above your tail bone (but not directly on it! )
DO NOT apply the oil on or near your genitals! Do not get the oil near your eyes or any mucous membranes!
Ideally you should use your Chakra balancing oil when meditating, relaxing, listening to relaxing music, yoga. You can combine this method with either of the following methods.
Crystal Method1. Select appropriate gemstones for some or all of the Chakras.
2. Lie down comfortably on your back.
3. Place the stones on your Chakra centres.
4. Take 3 or 4 deep breaths and relax.
5. Visualise a healing white light flowing throughout your body for approximately 5 - 25 minutes.
Visualisation Method1. Sit comfortably in a chair or lie down on your back.
2. Focus on your breathing and go into a meditative state.
3. Begin focusing on your Base (Root) Chakra. Visualise it opening like a flower, or slowly opening and growing into a spinning vortex. If you are able to visualise the chakra, does it appear blocked, is it strong or weak, spinning slowly or fast. Is the colour clear and bright, or is it dark or pale and washed out? Visualise a healing white light from the universe pouring into it, clearing the blockages, energising it, cleansing it, brightening the colour and increasing the spin of the vortex.
4. Move on to the Sacral Chakra. Repeat step 3 with the Sacral Chakra and then work your way up to the Crown Chakra.
5. Beginning with the Crown Chakra and working down to the Base (Root), close each Chakra by closing the flower or shrinking the vortex until it sinks back into your body.
This will protect your Chakras from negativity and help prevent them from becoming blocked.